Popular Posts

Monday, October 21, 2013

Strength Training

Here's a rundown of my current programming:

Last week, I started my strength training cycle in preparation for a powerlifting meet in the beginning of next year. I decided to go with Madcow 5x5 which is designed for intermediate lifters like myself. It starts off pretty slow the first few weeks using weight we're already used to moving, but once the second month of the program comes along, PRs get smashed weekly.


Taken from: http://stronglifts.com/madcow-5x5-training-programs/


Here are some numbers from my gym max effort lifts vs. meet lifts:

Squat: 230 vs. 165
Bench: 120 vs. 115
Deadlift: 285 vs. 297

Yeah, my squats completely bombed. That's nerves for ya. 

I'm currently doing my working sets at 180x5 for squats, 100x5 for bench, and 240x5 for deadlifts. By the end of this 12-week cycle, I expect to be doing 235x5 squats, 130x5 bench, and 320x5 deadlifts. I'd be ecstatic with a ~700lb total at the meet.

Set goals and crush them.

No comments:

Post a Comment